Spokane Welcomes WEA Delegates!
Delegates, check your US mailbox.....RA Packets will be mailed to registered delegates the first week of March. All delegates will receive official voting credentials at the Delegate Registration Desk in Spokane. Registration will open at 2 p.m. on Thursday, April 3, in Room 102 A-B-C on the first floor of the Spokane Convention Center. New delegate orientation will be held at 6 p.m. and RA will begin at 7 p.m. Thursday, April 3, in the Ballrooms also on the first floor. Avoid long lines at Delegate Registration... arrive onsite early!
Click here to view the 2014 WEA Representative Assembly Order of Business - tentative agenda.
Study Sessions...RA delegates and successor delegates are invited to attend and participate in a study session scheduled as part of the Second Business Session on Friday, April 4. These sessions are geared toward raising awareness about issues which may come up for debate on the RA Floor and to give you the chance to learn from one another and from WEA staff.
Parking at the Spokane Convention Center will be limited. Complimentary shuttle service is available from three of our contracted hotels (Davenport Hotel and Towers, Red Lion River Inn, and Red Lion Inn at the Park) and the Spokane Convention Center.
Delegates will be housed at four contracted hotels in downtown Spokane, listed below. Nightly rates range from $116 to $153. Reservations will be handled by Visit Spokane. Online reservations will launch at 7 a.m. on Monday, February 10, and close at midnight on Wednesday, March 12. During this same time frame, reservations can also be made over the phone by calling Visit Spokane at 1-888-918-0282.
The hotel reservation site was offline for a while to upload additional hotel rooms into our inventory....more hotel rooms are now available. Please continue to use the site to reserve delegates' hotel rooms. Thank you for your patience.
Why book reservations at these contracted hotels? Here's why...
Our contracted hotels are (PLEASE DO NOT CALL THE HOTELS TO MAKE YOUR RESERVATIONS):
- DoubleTree by Hilton City Center (headquarter hotel) ~ nightly rates from $137 to $167; self-parking $12 per night, $22 valet parking per night; check-in 3 p.m. and check-out by noon; $50 early check-out charge, avoid this charge by informing hotel at or before check-in; 72 hour cancellation to avoid one night charge; pet friendly, $25 fee; non-smoking facility
- Complimentary shuttle service will be provided to and from the Spokane Convention Center and the following hotels:
- Davenport Hotel and Towers ~ nightly rates single or double room $153; $8 daytime only self-parking $15 valet; $15 overnight self-parking, $24 valet per night; $75 early check-out charge, avoid by informing hotel at check-in; 24 hour cancellation to avoid one night charge; non-smoking facility, $250 fine for smoking; pet friendly, $250 fee; check-in 4 p.m. and check-out by noon
- Red Lion Hotel at Park and Red Lion River Inn ~ nightly rates from $116 to $136; complimentary parking; $75 early check-out, avoid this charge by informing hotel 24 hours in advance prior to arrival; $40 deposit per night for incidentals
- Accommodations Request Form ~ WEA wants every delegate to have a positive experience at WEA Representative Assembly. Delegates needing accommodations beyond typical ADA standards should provide information well in advance so that proper arrangements can be made. Requests such as hearing amplifier device needed, severe allergy, shuttle bus with wheelchair lift.
- Visit Spokane's helpful information....restaurants, maps, fun, facts, and more
- Association credit card payment for hotel stays ~ Association credit card paying for multiple hotel rooms? Association paying for hotel room for delegate who is not an authorized signer on that credit card? No problem with a little preplanning. Avoid slowdown at hotel front desk on day of arrival. Hotels require a credit card preauthorization form one week prior to arrival for this situation. This form can be found while making online hotel reservations. Ask for this form if making reservations using the phone number noted above.
Future dates to remember:
April 23-25, 2015, Bellevue, Meydenbauer Center
April 7-9, 2016, Spokane, Spokane Convention Center