Resources and General Links for WEA Members and Families
WEA leadership and staff are working tirelessly to advocate for both educators and students during this time of uncertainty. That includes being in regular communication with the Governor’s office, the state Schools Superintendent’s Office and other state agencies to both receive new information from state leaders that we can share with you, and pushing those leaders for clearer guidance aimed at protecting students and educators.
Your Association is working to push districts to make every educator fully whole during the school closures. We will continue to work at the district-level to try and secure agreements for all public education employees to receive pay during the shutdown, and we will also continue to urge the Governor’s office to issue statewide guidance instructing districts to do so.
This page will continue to be updated as more information becomes available. Please send questions to WEA@washingtonea.org.
- Washington Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI)
- Washington State COVID-19 Information Website
- Washington State Department of Health (DOH)
- National Education Association: What you should know about educators and coronavirus
- Washington Professional Educator Standards Board (PESB)
- Washington State Health Care Authority (HCA)
- Washington Employment Security Department
- U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- The Stand: Working People Standing Together in Washington state
- NEA Member Benefits