Post Date: December 7, 2018
Senior Membership Systems Assistant - Level 4
The Washington Education Association is seeking applicants for the position listed above. A job description is included on the following pages. This position is currently available to internal and external applicants.
To be considered for this position the following documents are required:
- Cover letter
- Updated résumé reflecting qualifications for this position
- Signed WEA application form
- Three (3) written references
A Washington Education Association application form is required and attached as a link at the end of this document. In addition, applications may also be obtained at the Washington Education Association located at 32032 Weyerhaeuser Way South, Federal Way, WA 98001 or by calling Human Resources at 253-765-7002 or 1-800-622-3393 extension 7002.
The preferred method for delivery of your application materials is online by following the link at the end of the job description. If you have questions or need assistance, please contact Karen Knight at the email address or phone number shown below.
Washington Education Association
Karen Knight, Human Resource Generalist
PO Box 9100
Federal Way, WA 98063-9100
FAX (253) 946-4726
The deadline for receipt of cover letter, résumé, signed application and written references is on or before January 16, 2019.
The Washington Education Association is an equal employment opportunity employer. It is the desire of the Washington Education Association to interview applicants from an applicant/interview pool that reflects the diversity of the greater community for each vacancy as it occurs.
Supervision: The position will be supervised by the WEA Chief Financial Officer in the Federal Way, Washington Headquarters facility.
Location: Accounting and Membership Department (open to other Council location but will require frequent travel).
Purpose: The primary purpose of this position is to provide technical and business process coordination for WEA dues collection and change of membership processes working with the Supervisor of Membership Systems.
Essential job functions and responsibilities
Working with Supervisor of Membership Systems, successfully perform statewide process and technical coordination of dues collection, membership changes, membership reporting and participate in NEA360 implementation, maintenance and ongoing enhancements.
- Coordinate with state-wide membership processors to ensure that dues are collected in an accurate and timely manner.
- Work with NEA Information Technology staff to ensure that the dues collection module of NEA360 is properly maintained and enhanced as needed. Research, analyze and submit technical cases to NEA for corrections or enhancements. Test system prior to use by membership processors.
- Provide project management coordination and lead core group of membership processors to trouble shoot problems with the NEA360 system and/or school district invoicing, payment and collections.
- Provide periodic process and technical training to existing and new membership processors to ensure most efficient process as possible. Maintain current knowledge of system and enhancements.
- Work with individuals to problem-solve or handle large volumes when needed.
- Coordinate scheduling of workload assistance for field-based membership processors to allow for PTO when requested.
- Help ensure compliance with new processes by providing system analysis, system development and training (e.g. – loss of Agency Fee collections).
- Coordinate with WEA-PAC Accounting Specialist to ensure WEA-PAC and NEAFCPE contributions meet regulatory and system requirements.
Change of membership coordination
- Coordinate the process for change of membership to ensure they are processed timely and accurately. Parties to the process include Membership (HQ and Councils), Organizing, Legal and Accounting and school district payroll offices.
- Participate in development of processes using NEA360 to automate as much as possible.
- Work with NEA IT to implement changes.
- When necessary, support Supervisor of Membership in development and ongoing review of NEA360/IMS membership reporting to ensure accuracy.
- Help coordinate with others, including Advocacy, to ensure consistency of reporting.
- Work within cross-departmental teams to ensure that NEA360 technology and processes support user requirements, operates efficiently, and is fully utilized.
- Participate in training – with a focus on field-based membership processors. Maintain current knowledge of system and enhancements.
- Work with Supervisor of Membership to implement system enhancements and upgrades, ensuring that work processes are updated, and changes communicated to users. Provide additional individual training or assistance as needed.
Council/local financial assistance and coordination
- Work with Budget Analyst to coordinate and assist Level 3 Field Assistants for budgeting, tax reporting and state compliance. Maintain current knowledge of IRS and state regulations.
- Provide and participate in training development and coordination of periodic Level 3 meetings.
- Support and advance WEA’s mission, goal, objectives and core values.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum job requirements
- BA Degree (or AA Degree with equivalent work experience).
- Three (3) to five (5) years’ demonstrated experience and proficiency working with data systems, performing analysis and report creation using Business Intelligence and/or reporting platforms like Cognos, Crystal Reports, Tableau, and/or other similar systems.
- Three (3) to five (5) years’ demonstrated experience in a customer service role to accommodate the needs of a client within established guidelines with a reasonable degree of flexibility.
- Experience with NEA360 and Salesforce.
- Demonstrated success in providing project management for major system implementations. Project management software system experience a plus.
- Experience in creating and maintaining application system documentation and user guides.
- Experience in developing and delivering user training programs.
- Financial/accounting literacy and the ability to effectively understand and manage accounts receivables, billings and collection.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to determine data relevancy pertaining to questions requiring answers; ability to interpret data to derive answers.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality working with information of a sensitive nature.
- Advanced-level Microsoft Office application skills with expertise automating business processes using advanced Excel techniques.
- Proven success in building and maintaining productive, collegial relationships with diverse individuals, including communities of color and historically under-represented groups.
- Ability to successfully work and communicate with WEA elected leaders, managers, staff and members.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other staff across centers to assure work is coordinated and completed.
- Must maintain a high degree of accuracy with attention to detail and have strong organizational skills.
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to work well in a team environment, as well as independently.
- Ability to prioritize work, think independently and contribute to the decision-making process.
- Ability to maintain professional work habits of punctuality and attendance.
- Ability to travel extensively throughout the State of Washington.
- Ability to obtain/maintain a valid Washington state driver's license, possess a satisfactory driving record, and have a dependable automobile for Association travel. Proof of automobile insurance with liability limits of at least $100,000/$300,000 required.
Preferred job requirements
- Demonstrated competence with SQL and proficiency authoring reports using IBM Cognos 8 or higher.
- Experience with Salsa, Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) systems, NGP Voter Activation Network (VAN) and Catalist is a plus.
- Experience with a large membership organization and/or working knowledge of educational unions.
Salary and benefits
Salary range: $71,367 to $101,799 per year – Level 4
*Salary placement will be based on the WEA-WEASO Collective Bargaining Agreement and in accordance with placement practice.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Generous sick and vacation leave (PTO)
- Long-term disability
- Defined Benefit Plan
- Defined Contribution Plan - 401(k) plan – w/employer contribution
- Covered by the WEA/WEASO Collective Bargaining Agreement
Application procedure and references
In order to be considered for this position, a completed and signed WEA application form including resume, cover letter and three (3) professional letters of reference must be received on or before 5:00 PM, January 16, 2019.
Reference information must include current mailing and email addresses, contact names and telephone numbers. Please submit your application and materials online by following the link below.