Materials and Resources You Can Use with Members
Research about the educator shortage
- OSPI survey of administrators from Fall 2016 shows teacher shortage is a "crisis" in many districts.
- Learning Policy Institute report that looks at supply, demand and educator compensation.
- OSPI Powerpoint for the House Education Committee, 1/24/17, includes charts showing the teacher shortage in a variety of ways.
- Professional Educator Standards Board presentation, more about policy rather than compensation
- Teachers earn less in anti-union states -- and have higher standards.
- More evidence that workers earn more in states with strong union rights.