Take action for public education
Protect our privacy and security: Pass HB 1888
HB 1888 would prevent anti-union groups like the Freedom Foundation from getting the birth dates of public employees from the state. Email your legislators and urge them to support this important bill.
WEA's 2020 Legislative Priorities
Check out WEA's 2020 Legislative Priorities, which focus on safe schools and campuses and making sure all students have the support they need to be successful.
The WEA Lobby Team
- Lucinda Young, chief lobbyist: K-12 professional issues, teacher quality, union rights, school safety, political issues, early learning
- Julie Salvi, lobbyist: compensation, pensions, health care
- Lorrell Noahr, lobbyist: federal, state and local education funding; statewide revenue measures; school construction
- Simone Boe, lobbyist: K-12 student issues, higher education, testing
- Samantha Casne, political organizer
- Emily Walters, political organizer
- Hillary Hunt, public policy associate
- Shawn Lewis, director of governmental relations
WEA Government Relations office phone: 360-943-3150
Important information about the Washington Legislature
- Find your legislative district on this map.
- Here are lists of legislators, including contact information and photos.
- Look up bills and related information here.
- You can find the legislative committee hearing schedule here.
- Visiting the capitol? Here’s a map that shows the capitol campus.
- Parking information.
- The 2020 legislative session runs Jan. 13 to March 12.
Make sure OurVoice is heard in Olympia
Here's how you can stay up to speed with legislative and political news that affects students, educators and public schools – and take action with other union members and supporters.
- Text OURVOICE to 41411 to get regular legislative and election updates by text message
- Visit WashingtonEA.org/OurVoice and subscribe to the OurVoice blog
- Download the We Are WEA smartphone app on Google Play or the App Store and check out the OurVoice political action section!
- Like and follow OurVoice on Facebook at facebook.com/OurVoiceWEA/
- Follow OurVoice on Twitter at @OurVoiceWEA
- Post using the hashtags #WaEdu and #WaLeg (hashtags explained here)
- Call your legislator's office! Need your legislator's contact information? Find it here!
- Call the Legislative Hotline at 800-562-6000 and leave a message for your lawmakers.