How the Representative Assembly drives WEA
WEA is a member-driven, democratically governed organization and the annual Representative Assembly (RA) is its chief policy making body. Once a year, local associations select more than 1,000 WEA members to gather for RA.
Local associations attending RA hold an election among their membership to select delegates. Each local is allowed to bring one delegate per 60 members or major fraction thereof.
The annual meeting, which has a look and feel similar to a major political convention, provides a forum where WEA members can collaborate, debate and vote. Individual members and local associations submit New Business Items, New Resolutions or Amendments to Continuing Resolutions, Standing Rules, Bylaws, and WEA Constitution, which, when passed, set the organizational priorities for WEA for the coming year.
RA delegates also elect the WEA President and Vice President every two years and NEA State Board Directors when their varied terms are up.
2017 WEA Representative Assembly: April 13-15 at the Spokane Convention Center
Delegate Registrations are due by February 17, 2017
We encourage you to use our interactive PDF to register electronically (works best with Internet Explorer or Chrome). You may also use the standard PDF form and Fax Cover Sheet if you would like. We will send a confirmation email to you when we receive your delegate registration.
The 2016 RA passed New Business Item A, allowing delegates to "Go Green" by selecting an electronic version of the delegate packet rather than the traditional paper one. Materials distributed initially in October failed to provide for this choice. Please use only the new, revised version of the Delegate Registration form. "Go Green" requires an edCommunities account. If you don't already have one, please visit www.mynea360.org for more information.
Please direct any delegate registration questions via email to Bev Roehr at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have detailed questions or if you would like assistance interpreting and implementing the election guidelines, please contact your UniServ Council Director to the WEA Board, or Tom Baier, Credentials staff advisor, at 800-622-3393, Ext. 007015 (statewide), 253-765-7015 (locally), or email@example.com.
Please encourage any delegates who might require special accommodation to provide information using this form or a similar instrument.
NEA RA Delegate allocation will be provided directly to Local Presidents via email by NEA based on January membership counts.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Spokane City Center
- 322 North Spokane Falls Court, Spokane, WA 99201
- $139+ taxes nightly rate for single or double occupancy
- $6 self-parking
- $10 one-way, $15 round trip for airport shuttle
- The Davenport Grand Hotel
- 333 West Spokane Falls Blvd, Spokane, WA 99201
- $159+ taxes nightly rate for single or double occupancy
- $10 self-parking
- $25 one-way airport shuttle
Download forms for RA
Learn more about RA in the Standing Rules and Adopted Procedures for the WEA RA.
- RA Forms
- 2017 NBI from (fillable PDF, download to edit)
- 2017 NBI form (Word)
- 2017 New Resolution form (fillable PDF, download to edit)
- 2017 New Resolution form (Word)
- 2017 Constitution, Bylaws, Rules, and Continuing Resolutions Amendment form (fillable PDF, download to edit)
- 2017 Constitution, Bylaws, Rules and Continuing Resolutions Amendment form (Word)
- 2017 Withdrawl of Proposal (fillable PDF, download to edit)
- 2017 Withdrawl of Proposal (Word)
Send forms via email to Documents and Resolutions at firstname.lastname@example.org
Review more WEA governing documents here.
The 2016 WEA RA was held at the Spokane Convention Center, April 7-9, 2016. Download a copy of the New Business Items, Continuing and New Resolutions, and Amendments to the Standing Rules and Constitution that passed.
You can also view delegate photos, videos and social media posts from 2016 WEA RA here.
Future WEA Representative Assembly dates set
- 2018 – April 19-21 – Spokane Convention Center
- 2019 – April 25-27 – Spokane Convention Center