2018 WEA RA information
WEA RA Hotel Reservations launch on Feb. 26 at 8 a.m., and run through midnight on March 16. Nightly room rates for our two contracted hotels will be $139 at the DoubleTree City Center and $159 at the Grand Hotel. Both hotels are located next to the Spokane Convention Center. Reservations should be made online. If there are any questions or assistance is needed, call 1-509-744-3342 or email email@example.com. You may also contact WEA Meeting Planner Sharon Closson via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- DoubleTree City Center
- 322 North Spokane Falls Court; Spokane, WA 99201
- $139 + taxes nightly rate for single or double occupancy
- $8 self-parking fee per night
- $10 one-way, $15 round trip for airport shuttle
- Davenport Grand Hotel
- 333 West Spokane Falls Blvd.; Spokane, WA 99201
- $159 + taxes nightly rate for single or double occupancy
- $10 self-parking fee per night
- $25 one-way airport shuttle
Delegate Registrations are due by Feb. 23
Download a complete copy of the Credentials packet (including the delegate registration form).
- We encourage you to use our interactive PDF to register electronically (works best with Internet Explorer).
- Also available – printable PDF form and Fax Cover Sheet. You will get a confirmation email once your delegate registration is received.
Please email delegate registration questions to Bev Roehr.
If you have detailed questions or if you would like assistance interpreting and implementing the election guidelines, please contact your UniServ Council Director to the WEA Board, or Tom Baier, Credentials staff advisor, at 800-622-3393, Ext. 007015 (statewide), 253-765-7015 (locally), or email@example.com.
Delegates requiring any special accommodation can provide that information using this form.
NEA RA Delegate allocations are provided directly to Local Presidents via email by NEA based on January membership counts.
Councils, committees and caucuses attending the RA can request meeting rooms using this form.
How the Representative Assembly drives WEA
WEA is a member-driven, democratically governed organization and the annual Representative Assembly (RA) is its chief policy making body. Once a year, local associations select more than 1,000 WEA members to gather for RA.
Local associations attending RA hold an election among their membership to select delegates. Each local is allowed to bring one delegate per 60 members or major fraction thereof.
The annual meeting, which has a look and feel similar to a major political convention, provides a forum where WEA members can collaborate, debate and vote. Individual members and local associations submit New Business Items, New Resolutions or Amendments to Continuing Resolutions, Standing Rules, Bylaws, and WEA Constitution, which, when passed, set the organizational priorities for WEA for the coming year.
RA delegates also elect the WEA President and Vice President every two years and NEA State Board Directors when their varied terms are up.
Future WEA Representative Assembly dates set
- 2018 – April 19-21 – Spokane Convention Center
- 2019 – April 25-27 – Spokane Convention Center
- 2020 – April 16-18 – Spokane Convention Center
- 2021 – April 15-17 – Spokane Convention Center
- 2022 – March 31-April 2 – Spokane Convention Center
View past action at WEA RA
- 2017 – View the Tagboard for delegate photos, videos and social media posts.
- 2016 – View the Tagboard for delegate photos, videos and social media posts. Also, download a zip file with all of the New Business Items, Continuing and New Resolutions, and Amendments to the Standing Rules and Constitution that passed.