Gathering educators from across the country
NEA's 2018 Annual Meeting will be held July 2 - July 5 at the in Minneapolis Convention Center. Updated information will be posted on the NEA website and on this page as it becomes available. If you are attending, also watch for emails about NEA RA.
Plan your travel to arrive Friday, June 29 and depart Friday, July 6.
Washington's delegation will be staying at Minneapolis Airport Marriott, 2020 American Blvd E, Bloomington, MN. The nightly rate is $149 + 12.275% tax
Hotel reservations open April 23 at 8 a.m. and close May 31 at midnight. Make reservation by calling 1-800-228-9290.
Association credit card payment for hotel stay – If you're paying for multiple hotel rooms or for a delegate who is not an authorized signer on that credit card, you'll need to complete the hotel's credit card preauthorization form prior to arrival.
Local Delegates – coordinate with your local association before making your hotel reservation.
State Delegates – Lodging will be made for you once you complete the online State Delegate Lodging Form and is based on double occupancy.
2018 Conference on Racial and Social Justice
- Register online for the NEA Conference on Racial and Social Justice when available
The Conference on Racial and Social Justice (formally known as the Joint Conference of Concerns of Minorities and Women) aims to provide a unique space for educators, students, parents and families, organizers, community members and leaders to unite for the advancement of justice in education. Through interactive workshops, sessions, panels and plenaries, attendees will have the opportunity to access information, resources, plan, strategize and engage on issues that impact educational opportunities for communities of color, LGBTQ and women.
- Conference on Racial and Social Justice – Friday, June 29
- Early registration deadline –
- Registration deadline –
- Checks for registrations –
- Location –
NEA Human and Civil Rights Awards Dinner Tickets
Purchase your Human and Civil Rights Awards Dinner tickets online for $75 each or a table of 10 for $750. The dinner will be held in July.
The annual Human and Civil Rights Awards Dinner is inextricably linked to the 1966 merger of the NEA and the American Teachers Association (ATA). The ATA, an organization of Black educators, held the dinner annually to enshrine its commitment to advocating for equity and justice for all students, and particularly students of color who were most marginalized.
Delegate allocation email to local presidents
Local presidents received critical delegate allocation election and reporting information in emails from RASupport@nea.org. These emails were titled "NEA RA Delegate Allocation Notification" and "NEA RA Allocation Information." The number of delegates for your association will be listed at the top portion of the "NEA RA Allocation Information" email.
Official election forms are due to WEA by April 10, 2018, attention Christina Martinez. Do not mail to NEA.
Delegate credentials via email
- NEA will NOT be mailing the delegate credentials form via U.S. Mail.
- All NEA delegates will receive an email invite in June, with a registration link for NEA RA. Once registered, you'll receive an automatic confirmation/credential email.
- Use the confirmation/credential email to check-in and to print your badge at NEA RA, starting at 9 a.m., July 1.
- You will receive a WEA Delegate Handbook via U.S. mail.
- Plan to arrive in Minneapolis June 29 and depart July 6. Hotel reservations open in April.
- Watch your email, this webpage, and the NEA website www.nea.org/ra for further information as it becomes available. Questions? Contact Sharon Closson, WEA Meeting Planner.
Get your red for public ed
Future dates and locations for the NEA Representative Assembly
- 2019 – July 2-7 – Houston