2021 WEA RA
The WEA Board of Directors voted to to hold the 2021 RA virtually. Access to the virtual platform will be sent to delegates after they are registered.
The 2021 WEA RA is scheduled for the following dates and times.
- April 1 from 6-8 p.m. -- WEA RA Business Session 1
(Standing Rules & Adopted Procedures of the Virtual WEA RA)
- April 15 from 6-9 pm. -- WEA RA Business Session 2
- April 16 from 9 a.m.-Noon -- WEA RA Business Session 3
- April 16 from 2-5 p.m. -- WEA RA Business Session 4
- April 17 from 9 a.m.-Noon -- WEA RA Business Session 5
- April 17 from 2-5 p.m. -- WEA RA Business Session 6
Delegate Registrations are due by February 19, 2021.
Nominations & Elections:
RA delegates also elect the WEA President and Vice President every two years and NEA State Board Directors when their varied terms are up. The 2021 WEA RA will be an election year for WEA President, Vice President and one NEA Board position. In order to accommodate technology requirements and online voting during this virtual RA, we have changed the deadline for receipt of nominations for WEA President, Vice President and NEA State Director. Nomination for these positions must be made by 11:59 pm on April 7, 2021. Please click here for additional information.
To find out more about the candidates for office that are already nominated click here.
How the Representative Assembly drives WEA
WEA is a member-driven, democratically governed organization and the annual Representative Assembly (RA) is its chief policy making body. Once a year, local associations select more than 1,000 WEA members to gather for RA.
Local associations attending RA hold an election among their membership to select delegates. Each local is allowed to bring one delegate per 60 members or major fraction thereof.
The annual meeting, which has a look and feel similar to a major political convention, provides a forum where WEA members can collaborate, debate and vote. Individual members and local associations submit New Business Items, New Resolutions or Amendments to Continuing Resolutions, Standing Rules, Bylaws, and WEA Constitution, which, when passed, set the organizational priorities for WEA for the coming year.
RA delegates also elect the WEA President and Vice President every two years and NEA State Board Directors when their varied terms are up.
If you have questions about RA, please contact WEA Event Planner Jill Dahlen or call 253-765-7088.
WEA Constitution and Bylaws
WEA's core governing principles are spelled out in our constitution, bylaws, and continuing resolutions. These key documents are debated and reviewed annually by the Representative Assembly. Updates on New Business Items also can be found here.
Future WEA Representative Assembly dates set
- 2022 – April 7-9 – Spokane Convention Center
- 2023 – April 13-15 – Spokane Convention Center
- 2024 – April 11-13 – Spokane Convention Center
View past action at WEA RA
- 2019 - View the Tagboard for delegate photos, videos and social media posts.
- 2018 – View the Tagboard for delegate photos, videos and social media posts.
- 2017 – View the Tagboard for delegate photos, videos and social media posts.
- 2016 – View the Tagboard for delegate photos, videos and social media posts.