2019 WEA RA Lodging and Delegate Registration
2019 WEA Representative Assembly will convene on Thursday, April 25, and adjourn at the end of business on Saturday, April 27. Delegate registrations are due March 1, 2019.
WEA RA hotel reservations will launch at 8 a.m. on Monday, February 25, and run through midnight on Friday, March 29, 2019. Nightly room rates for our two contracted hotels will be $139 at the DoubleTree City Center and $159 at the Grand Hotel. Both hotels are connected to the Spokane Convention Center. Reservations should be made online. If there are any questions or assistance is needed, call 1-509-744-3342 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also contact WEA Meeting Planner Sharon Closson via email at email@example.com.
- DoubleTree City Center
- 322 North Spokane Falls Court; Spokane, WA 99201 (a Hilton property)
- $139 + 12% tax and $2 TPA per night for single or double occupancy room
- 50% discount on overnight self-parking
- Airport shuttle: $15 one-way, $20 round trip per room plus tax
- Davenport Grand Hotel
- 333 West Spokane Falls Blvd.; Spokane, WA 99201 (a Marriott property)
- $159 + 12% tax and $2 TPA per night for single or double occupancy room
- $10 self-parking fee per night
- $25 plus tax one-way, per room for airport shuttle
Check this page for more updates, online reservation and other information will be posted here when it becomes available.
How the Representative Assembly drives WEA
WEA is a member-driven, democratically governed organization and the annual Representative Assembly (RA) is its chief policy making body. Once a year, local associations select more than 1,000 WEA members to gather for RA.
Local associations attending RA hold an election among their membership to select delegates. Each local is allowed to bring one delegate per 60 members or major fraction thereof.
The annual meeting, which has a look and feel similar to a major political convention, provides a forum where WEA members can collaborate, debate and vote. Individual members and local associations submit New Business Items, New Resolutions or Amendments to Continuing Resolutions, Standing Rules, Bylaws, and WEA Constitution, which, when passed, set the organizational priorities for WEA for the coming year.
RA delegates also elect the WEA President and Vice President every two years and NEA State Board Directors when their varied terms are up.
WEA Constitution and Bylaws
WEA's core governing principles are spelled out in our constitution, bylaws, and continuing resolutions. These key documents are debated and reviewed annually by the Representative Assembly.
Future WEA Representative Assembly dates set
- 2019 – April 25-27 – Spokane Convention Center
- 2020 – April 16-18 – Spokane Convention Center
- 2021 – April 15-17 – Spokane Convention Center
- 2022 – March 31-April 2 – Spokane Convention Center