WEA RA Forms and Procedures
Proposed Amendments, New Business Items, and Resolutions to be presented at the 2021 WEA Representative Assembly are processed through the WEA Documents and Resolutions Work Team using the appropriate forms.
Documents and Resolutions will assist any affiliate or individual delegate in editing, publishing, and obtaining consideration for any proposal submitted.
Documents and Resolutions will edit any proposal submitted to conform to the appropriate format and language. After any substantive editing, the submitter will be contacted prior to submission for the RA at the address or phone number given on the submission form.
All proposals submitted to Documents and Resolutions shall be reported to the WEA Board prior to RA and the Board may take a position at any meeting. The Board will take a position on amendments to the Constitution and Bylaws at the March meeting. The Board may also become an additional submitter of a proposal.
- Amendments to the Constitution – Deadline is midnight on Thursday, Feb. 18, 2021 (not less than 8 weeks prior to RA)
- Amendments to Bylaws – Deadline is 10 a.m. on Thursday, April 1, 2021
- Amendments to Representative Assembly Rules Submission – Deadline is midnight on Wednesday, March 31, 2021, on pre-filed amendments, and any time after the debate on pre-filed amendments if the WEA Board or the RA body agrees to consideration
- New Business Item Submission – Deadline is midnight on Wednesday, April 7, 2021
- New Resolution and Continuing Resolution Submission – Deadline is midnight on Wednesday, April 7, 2021
- Withdrawal of Proposal – At any time before it is moved and seconded before the body
Documents and Resolutions Work Team members are available to provide delegate assistance with proposals of all New Business Items and Resolutions. Please email the team if you need assistance or Word versions of submission documents.
Please follow the instructions as outlined in Excerpts-RA Standing Rules for Resolutions and NBIs.
Find WEA's governing documents at constitution, bylaws, and continuing resolutions. These key documents are debated and reviewed annually by the Representative Assembly. Updates on New Business Items also can be found here.