Rounding up American Education Week
As American Education Week comes to a close, look back at the ways we celebrated this year.
It's Time for a Student Bill of Rights
Each day of the week we highlighted a different section of the Student Bill of Rights, which outlines what full funding and the McCleary decision require – and what our students deserve. And we called on members, parents and all those who believe a quality education is a civil right to email Gov. Inslee with a message supporting full funding for K-12 education in his budget. Read the full posts:
- Quality Public Education is a Civil Right
- All Students Deserve Small Class Sizes
- Celebrate American Education Week
- Don't Let Olympia Take More Control Over Our Local Public Schools
Celebrating Education Support Professionals
Wednesday was about the professionals who tirelessly work to support our students.
Substitute Educator Day
On Friday the spotlight turned to substitute educators and NEA asked students which fictional character they would choose to take over their class.
- We also highlighted how Seattle has seen growing success with their annual day dedicated to professional development for substitute educators.