Register for the 2019 WEA Summer Learning Institutes
The Summer Learning institutes will be WEA’s premier professional learning offerings of the year, providing trainings in four different pathways including:
- Teaching & Learning
- Special Education
- Culturally Responsive Strategies and ELL
- National Board and National Board Renewal Jump Starts
The three Institutes will take place in Pasco (June 25-28), Battle Ground/Vancouver (July 29-Aug. 1) and Auburn (Aug. 5-8) and will offer opportunities for you to engage with colleagues, choose from over 50 available offerings at each location, and receive free clock hours.
There will be a wide range of training topics such as:
- Formative Assessment Practices
- Gamification and Game-Based Learning
- National Board Jump Start and Renewal Jump Start
- Common Core State Standards
- Culturally Responsive Strategies
- English language Learners
- Next Generation Science Standards
- Behavior Management
- Autism in the Classroom
- Special Education for the General Educator
- Data Collection for Special Education
- Plus a full slate of other offerings
Registration Costs: Tuition fees will vary by selection depending on length of the training but range from $20 to $250 per event. Payment is accepted via VISA or MasterCard credit or debit card only through our secure online payment system. Tuition fees include morning light refreshments, beverages, lunch, and all training materials and resources. Relevant clock hours, TPEP hours, and STEM hours are free to WEA members. Participants are responsible for their own lodging, mileage, and meals not covered by registration fees.
Who Can Attend? All Special Education offerings are open to everyone interested in attending including parents, administrators, non-member teachers and non-member ESP/para-educators, advocates, etc. All other WEA professional development opportunities are only open to WEA members. If you are a non-member and would like to join please contact your Local Association/UniServ Council to sign up for membership.
Learn More and Register: Click on the links below to view the course descriptions, see a calendar of events for each location, and to register for your classes:
Course Offerings/Descriptions Calendar of Events/Registration
Computing Devices: Many of the trainings require a portable computing device. Some training resources will be available via USB thumb drive and others will be downloaded through NEA / EdCommunities. Please plan accordingly.
Who to Contact:
- For more information about Teaching and Learning or National Board classes, email Arlyn Palomo
- For more information about Special Education classes, email Melissa Marsh
- For more information about Culturally Responsive Strategies and ELL classes email Yvonne O’Neill
Space for these trainings is limited and applicants will be seated first come, first served. We require at least 20 registrants for each training. If there are insufficient numbers, we will fully reimburse registrations that have been submitted.
Note: Please use Chrome or Firefox as your Internet browser when completing registration. Our registration system is incompatible with Internet Explorer and using this browser may result in an incomplete or dropped registration.