WEA Individual Crisis Fund
Last week, the WEA Board approved the WEA Individual Crisis Fund. The purpose of this fund is to provide one-time, temporary financial relief for active WEA members (WEA-Retired and SWEA members are not eligible) who have personally experienced a loss of income due to the COVID-19 school closures. Crisis grants will be $575 each and are intended for those WEA members hardest hit from lost income. A benefit of being in a strong union like WEA is that we are united, and we support each other. We hope these funds are helpful and offer relief in these uncertain and difficult times.
There are two options for applying:
1. Apply online via the online application.
- Submit information -- name, local, and employer to verify active membership
- Provide contact information and complete mailing address
- Indicate financial need via a checkbox
2. Call 253-765-7093 to have the application filled out for you. People calling the number will leave a voice mail, which will be returned during business hours in the order it was received.
If you have lost income due to COVID-19, please apply as soon as possible, as there are only a limited number of grants available.
Larry Delaney, WEA President
Janie White, WEA Vice President