Take action for public education
- Share your story! Lawmakers need to hear why your students need more mental health supports..
- Testify before a committee. You can provide virtual testimony, written testimony, or simply log your position on any bill being heard by the legislature.
Make sure lawmakers in Olympia hear educator voices
Here's how you can stay up to speed with legislative and political news that affects students, educators and public schools – and take action with other union members and supporters.
- Text ADVOCACY to 81411 to get regular legislative and election updates by text message
- Visit WashingtonEA.org/Advocacy and subscribe to the advocacy blog
- Download the We Are WEA smartphone app on Google Play or the App Store and check out the OurVoice political action section!
- Like and follow WEA Advocacy on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/WEAAdvocacy
- Post using the hashtags #WaEdu and #WaLeg (hashtags explained here)
- Call your legislator's office! Need your legislator's contact information? Find it here!
- Call the Legislative Hotline at 800-562-6000 and leave a message for your lawmakers.
Important information about the Washington Legislature
- Find your legislative district on this map.
- Here are lists of legislators, including contact information and photos.
- Look up bills and related information here.
- You can find the legislative committee hearing schedule here.
- Visiting the capitol? Here’s a map that shows the capitol campus.
- Parking information.
- The 2022 legislative session begins January 11.
Get to know the WEA Government Relations Team
- Julie Salvi, chief lobbyist
- Simone Boe, lobbyist
- Jared Mason-Gere, lobbyist
- Nasue Nishida, lobbyist
- Samantha Casne, political organizer
- Emily Walters, political organizer
- Hillary Hunt, political organizer
- Djibril Diop, director of governmental relations
WEA Government Relations office phone: 360-943-3150