Take action for public education
Make sure lawmakers in Olympia hear educator voices
Here's how you can stay up to speed with legislative and political news that affects students, educators and public schools – and take action with other union members and supporters.
- Help show legislators why our priorities are important. Share your experiences:
Teachers, share why ESPs are critical to your work. Educational Support Professionals include classified staff like paraeducators, office professionals, nutrition services, transportation, building services, and more.
- Text ADVOCACY to 833-258-6815 to get regular legislative and election updates by text message
- Visit WashingtonEA.org/Advocacy and subscribe to the advocacy blog
- Like and follow WEA Advocacy on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Post using the hashtags #WaEdu and #WaLeg
- Call your legislator's office. Need your legislator's contact information? Find it here!
- Call the Legislative Hotline at 800-562-6000 and leave a message for your lawmakers.
About the Washington Legislature
- Find your legislative district
- WA legislators, including contact information and photos
- Look up bills and related information
- Legislative committee hearing schedule
- Capitol campus map
- Parking information
- The 2024 legislative session begins January 8.
The WEA Government Relations Team
- Julie Salvi, Lead Lobbyist on salaries and competitive pay, school operating funding, school bargaining laws, WA Cares, Paid Family Medical Leave, Worker’s Comp (L & I), Unemployment, Department of Health, mental health supports and partnerships, gun safety
- Simone Boe, Lobbyist on higher education, school nutrition, homeless and foster youth, simple majority – bonds, election laws, union rights, revenue
- Jared Mason-Gere, Lobbyist on health care, pensions, school construction, graduation pathways, student behaviors and discipline, attendance laws
- Nasue Nishida, Lobbyist on certification and evaluation, professional development, educator workforce development and diversity, Paraeducator training, dual language programs, curriculum including ethnic studies and inclusive curriculum, mastery-based learning, educator prep programs, transitional Kindergarten
- Samantha Casne, Political Organizer
- Emily Hansen, Political Organizer
- Hillary Hunt, Political Organizer
- Cassie Carrillo, Government Relations Assistant
- Djibril Diop, Director of Government Relations
WEA Government Relations office phone: 360-943-3150