2023 NEA RA - Gathering educators from across the country in Orlando
Washington EA NEA RA delegates,
2023 NEA RA is almost here, and we get to meet in person again!! Delegates to this year’s meeting will be attending NEA RA in Orlando, FL.
Dates: This year, the NEA Representative Assembly will be held in person in Orlando, July 3-6, 2023. NEA RA will not have a virtual option this year. Pre-RA meetings start on July 2.
WEA Hotel: Hilton Orlando. As in the past, double occupancy versus single occupancy will be a decision made at the local level. WEA will be sharing this hotel with Arkansas,California and Connecticut. Local and Council Presidents will receive an email with the contact information of WEA's reservation team at the Hilton Orlando to make their local delegates lodging reservations. WEA will make arrangements for state delegates lodging.
WEA Caucus meeting: The first in person WEA Caucus meeting will be held on July 2 at the Hilton Orlando. Please review the 2023 Standing Rules and Adopted Procedures for the WEA Caucus at the NEA Represenative Assembly. This document will be distributed at the first caucus meeting and discussed and approved by the delegates in attendance.
In-Person: NEA will be in-person only for delegates this year. NEA RA delegates should receive their Cvent registration from NEA in late May. This email included instructions on how to register for RA.
Flights to Orlando: Before booking any airline reservations for your delegates, please ensure that they meet the COVID-19 protocols below in order to be able to attend in-person and will be choosing to attend the assembly in-person rather than virtual.
State Delegates: State delegates received an email from the WEA. This email included a link to an online form that was due on May 5th. After submission of the form, state delegates received details on how to arrange for their air transportation to Orlando.
NEA RA Agenda: Please click here to see the latest information
Submission of Business Items: The Committee on Constitution, Bylaws, and Rules (CCBR) is now accepting submissions of business for consideration at the 2023 Representative Assembly. All items must be submitted using this electronic link. Only delegates to the 2023 RA can submit items.
WEA Caucus Meeting and NEA-RA Dates:
- Sat. July 1, WEA Delegates arrive
- Sun. July 2, WEA Caucus meeting 1 of 5
- Sun. July 2, Delegate Registration
- Mon. July 3, 2023 WEA Caucus meeting 2 of 5
- Mon. July 3, 2023 NEA RA session 1
- Tues. July 4, WEA Caucus meeting 3 of 5
- Tues. July 4, 2023 NEA RA session 2
- Wed. July 5, WEA Caucus meeting 4 of 5
- Wed. July 5, 2023 NEA RA session 3
- Thurs. July 6, WEA Caucus meeting 5 of 5
- Thurs. July 6, 2023 NEA RA session 4 (final session)
2023 NEA RA WEA Delegates will be electing 3 current delegates to the NEA Resolutions Committee for 2 year terms.
- Nominations will be opened at our caucus meeting on July 3, 2023. Candidates will have an opportunity to make brief remarks prior to the election on July 4, 2023.
- Roles and Responsibilities of NEA Resolutions Committee Members
- Guidelines for the Election of NEA Resolutions Committee Members
Future dates and locations for the NEA Representative Assembly
- 2024 – July 2-7 – Philadelphia, PA
- 2025 - July 2-6 - Portland, OR
- 2026 - July 3-7 - Denver, Colorado
- 2027 - July 1-5 - Indianapolis, Indiana
- 2028 - July 1-5 - Washington, DC
- 2029 - July 1-5 - Kansas City, Missouri