2022 NEA RA - Gathering educators from across the country in Chicago
Washington EA NEA RA delegates,
2022 NEA RA is almost here, and we get to meet in person again!! What an exciting event to be part of after two long years of virtual events. Delegates to this year’s meeting will be attending NEA RA in Chicago, IL.
Dates: This year, the NEA Representative Assembly will be held in person in Chicago, July 3-6, and online from around the country. Pre-RA meetings start on July 2.
WEA Hotel: Intercontinental Chicago Magnificent Mile. As in the past, double occupancy versus single occupancy will be a decision made at the local level. WEA will be sharing this hotel with Indiana and Tennessee. Local and Council Presidents have received an email with the contact information of WEA's reservation team at the Intercontinental Chicago Magnificent Mile to make their local delegates lodging reservations. WEA will make arrangements for state delegates lodging.
Pre-NEA RA Virtual Caucus meeting: There will be a pre-caucus meeting before heading to Chicago. This meeting will be held on Friday, June 24th at 1:00pm on Zoom. Delegates have received a link to attend this meeting.
WEA Caucus meeting: The first in person WEA Caucus meeting will be held on July 2 at the Intercontinental Chicago Magnificent Mile.
In-Person/Virtual: NEA will be offering an in-person and a virtual option for delegates this year. NEA RA delegates should have received their Cvent registration from NEA in late May. This email included instructions on how to register for RA and it included an option for the delegate to choose to attend in-person or virtual. Due to the timelines needed to credential delegates in this hybrid version of the assembly, delegates will not be able to change this decision after the June 15th deadline. If a delegate chooses to attend in-person, they will be expected to be on the RA floor during the assembly.
Flights to Chicago: Before booking any airline reservations for your delegates, please ensure that they meet the COVID-19 protocols below in order to be able to attend in-person and will be choosing to attend the assembly in-person rather than virtual.
Covid protocols: From NEA: "For the safety of all participants attending the event in person, NEA has adopted COVID-19 safety protocols that include a requirement that all attendees be up-to-date on COVID-19 vaccinations (including recommended boosters for which they are eligible). Anyone who is not up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations (including boosters) may only attend the event virtually."
Delegates selecting to go in person will need to be fully vaccinated with one booster.
- No medical, religious or personal exceptions will be allowed in person.
- Booster MUST be two weeks prior to arriving in Chicago.
- Delegates will be using an app called Return Safe that will require they enter vaccination information and upload pictures of vaccination cards and negative Covid-19 tests. Test will be required every 3 days and NEA will be providing a two pack of tests to in person delegates.
State Delegates: State delegates have received an email from the WEA. This email included a link to a form that must be filled out by May 20th. After submission of the form, state delegates will receive details on how to arrange for their air transportation to Chicago. If you are a state delegate and have not received this information, please email email@example.com to let them know.
NEA RA Agenda: Please click here to see the latest information
Submission of Business Items: The Committee on Constitution, Bylaws, and Rules (CCBR) is now accepting submissions of business for consideration at the 2022 Representative Assembly. All items must be submitted using this electronic link. Only delegates to the 2022 RA can submit items.
Delegates can collect signatures if needed electronically using any format. For your convenience, you may download this form and enter the names of delegates who have agreed to sign onto your item. You can upload the completed signature form when submitting your item via the electronic link, or bring a hard copy to the CCBR at the front of the stage during the RA.
WEA Caucus Meeting and NEA-RA Dates:
- Fri. June 24, 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm Zoom WEA Caucus Meeting 1 of 6
- Sat. July 2, WEA Caucus meeting 2 of 6
- Sun. July 3, WEA Caucus meeting 3 of 6
- Sun. July 3, 2022 NEA RA session 1
- Mon. July 4, WEA Caucus meeting 4 of 6
- Mon. July 4, 2022 NEA RA session 2
- Tues. July 5, WEA Caucus meeting 5 of 6
- Tues. July 5, 2022 NEA RA session 3
- Wed. July 6, WEA Caucus meeting 6 of 6
- Wed. July 6, 2022 NEA RA session 4 (final session)
2022 NEA RA WEA Delegates will be electing 2 current delegates to the NEA Resolutions Committee for 2 year terms.
- Nominations will be opened at our caucus meeting on July 3, 2022. Candidates will have an opportunity to make brief remarks prior to the election on July 4, 2022.
- Roles and Responsibilities of NEA Resolutions Committee Members
- Guidelines for the Election of NEA Resolutions Committee Members
Future dates and locations for the NEA Representative Assembly
- 2023 – July 1-6 – Orlando, FL
- 2024 – July 2-7 – Philadelphia, PA