More opportunities and trainings
WEA's Professional Development Network offers a wide range of trainings and opportunities for WEA members. Find out more below.
Understand state learning standards and learn how to implement them in your classroom - you can select from an array of classes designed by and for certificated staff and paraeducators. Courses include:
- Common Core State Standards for Paraeducators
- ELA and Math State Standards Seminars
- Rethinking STEM and Humanities
Designed to help guest teachers transition from receiving a call to substitute teach to completing the assignment with success, this training is conducted by veteran practicing guest teachers who have successfully navigated issues that guest teachers are faced with every day.Learn more
Know your rights, use your power. Advocacy and organizing are key to good unionism, and vital to ensuring educator voices help shape school policies. Learn about:
- How to bargain for better working and classroom conditions
- The grievance process and how to guard against contract violations and abuses of power
- Best practices for union leaders
Other training providers
Go to the Other Training Opportunities page to find links to trainings outside of the WEA or NEA. The WEA does not guarantee the quality of these trainings.