Your retirement does not have to be the end of your connection to WEA. WEA-Retired and pre-retired members share decades of experience in our schools to help improve public education in Washington. We support public education and the enhancement of the quality of life for WEA's active and retired members. WEA-Retired membership allows you to access WEA and NEA member benefits for the rest of your life.
Some benefits of WEA-Retired membership
- Membership is for a lifetime in a powerful, active retiree organization that understands the value of public education and unions because of its affiliation with WEA. (WEA-Retired is the only retiree organization with this affiliation.)
- Membership includes eligibility for NEA Member Benefits such as credit card and insurance programs, including the $1 million liability insurance if you choose to work as a substitute educator, and WEA’s Attorney Referral Program offers two free 30-minute consultations a year.
- Membership provides opportunities to continue advocating for the rights of retired educators, current educators, and public school students. Your voice still matters!
- Membership provides access to AIG/VALIC financial advisors for a 360 Plan with a complete evaluation of your financial needs for FREE.
- Membership establishes access to leadership opportunities and training for lifelong learning!
- Membership creates camaraderie with other educators.
- Membership offers involvement as part of WEA-Retired; you can attend local chapter lunch programs, help out at pre-retirement seminars, join current educators at events within UniServ Councils and WEA, and other endless possibilities.
- Membership informs you about education and issues important to retired educators. You will receive WEA and NEA newsletters and other informative materials.
- Membership flows seamlessly from pre-retired to retired status.
If you are not a member you can join today!
Still working as an active WEA member? Join WEA-Retired / NEA-Retired as a pre-retired member.
Join here - with your credit card
Already retired? Join WEA-Retired / NEA-Retired.
Join here or renew annual membership - with your credit card for life or annual membership. You may join as a life member (one payment & you are a member for life) or you may pay ongoing annual dues every year in September.
Join here - for the DRS monthly deduction. You may have ongoing monthly dues taken out of your WA DRS pension.
Email any questions to WEARetired@washingtonea.org.