Give your career a head start
If you're pursuing a career in education, including preschool and K-12, membership in Student Washington Education Association is for you. Connect and network with other education majors, build and gain leadership skills through pre-professional opportunities, attend WEA conferences and get active in your union.
SWEA is part of the NEA Student Program, made up of 55,000 student members on over 1,100 college/university campuses across all 50 states. As a student member, you'll have member benefits like educators' liability insurance and access to national workshops, leadership conferences, grants and scholarships. Learn and grow with peers from across the state and jump start your teaching career.
To join SWEA, enroll online. The cost of SWEA membership is $22.50 per year.
Just a few reasons to join Student WEA ...
- Jump-start your teaching career!
- Learn and grow with peers from across the state. Countless workshops and trainings are included in membership.
- Legal protection you can count on — $1 million of employment liability insurance protection for student teaching and two free attorney consultations with an attorney for personal legal matters.
- Communication with your peers and experienced educators.
- Publications to assist you as you begin your career in education.
- A voice at the Capitol representing children and public schools.
- Discounts on things you purchase often through NEA Member Benefits.
- Great opportunity to become a leader in your local, state and national associations.
- A $20 rebate for every year you were a SWEA-Student member when you join WEA after graduation.
$20 Dues Rebate after graduation
During your first year of teaching and regular NEA membership, you are eligible to receive a rebate of $20 for each year you were a student member (up to four years). Submit the form digitally here. For more info check the NEA website.
Questions or comments? Contact Brooke Mattox-Ball.