Give your career a head start
If you're pursuing a career in education, including preschool and K-12, membership in Student Washington Education Association is for you. Connect and network with other education majors, build and gain leadership skills through pre-professional opportunities, attend WEA conferences and get active in your union.
SWEA is part of the NEA Student Program, made up of 55,000 student members on over 1,100 college/university campuses across all 50 states. As a student member, you'll have member benefits like educators' liability insurance and access to national workshops, leadership conferences, grants and scholarships. Learn and grow with peers from across the state and jump start your teaching career.
To join SWEA, enroll online. The cost of SWEA membership is $22.50 per year and includes all membership benefits!
Just a few reasons to join SWEA
- Jump-start your teaching career!
- Attend classes and workshops to learn and grow with peers from across the state.
- Communicate with your peers and experienced teachers.
- Access publications to assist you as you begin your career in education.
- Enjoy savings to more than 200,000 locations throughout the nation, state and community.
- Receive legal protection you can count on — $1 million of employment liability insurance protection for student teaching and two free attorney consultations with an attorney for personal legal matters.
- Become a leader in your local, state and national association.
- Be a voice in Olympia, representing children and public schools.
- Join other members statewide on issues related to social justice.
$20 Dues Rebate after graduation
During your first year of teaching and regular NEA membership, you are eligible to receive a rebate of $20 for each year you were a student member (up to four years). Submit the form digitally here. For more info check the NEA website.
Questions or comments? Contact Brooke Mattox-Ball.