WEA National Board Jump Start
WEA's National Board Jump Start is a comprehensive, multi-day seminar designed to provide National Board candidates with important information about the certification process, time to examine component and Assessment Center requirements, the opportunity to plan how to meet requirements, and time to collaborate, gather resources and information needed to pursue certification. All this happens in a supportive, constructive and collegial environment.
This summer, Jump Start will take place fully online!
- Registration is $75 and open to WEA members only. Foundations 1 is a required entry course.
- Select as many of the remaining 5 modules (C1, C2, C3, C4, Foundations 2) as you like for the flat $75 registration fee.
- Through a grant from NEA, WEA is able to provide a reduced, $25 registration fee for early career educators (eight or fewer years of certificated experience) and educators of color. You can request this rate here. Please do not complete the rest of this registration page below; we will be in touch about how to register.
- WEA also has scholarship assistance for members for whom the $75 fee presents financial difficulty. You can apply for a reduced $25 registration fee here. Please do not complete the rest of this registration page below; we will be in touch about how to register.
- Up to 30 WEA clock hours can be earned for those attending all 6 modules and three Q&A meetings.
- June 28-July 2
There are six total training modules that will be offered during our training week.
Foundations 1 (This is an introduction to National Board Standards; getting organized). This is a required session for every participant.
- Monday, June 28, 8:30 a.m.-Noon
- Thursday, July 1 or July 29, 1-4:30 p.m.
- Monday, June 28 or July 26, 1-4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 29 or July 27, 8:30 a.m.-Noon
- Thursday, July 1 or July 29, 8:30 a.m.-Noon
Foundations 2 (National Board Mapping, like certificate area meetings with NBCTs)
- Friday, July 2 or July 30, 8:30 a.m.-2 p.m. (includes lunch break)
Registration closes on June 25 at 5 p.m.
You will receive a confirmation email after you have registered and paid below. Please pre-register for the modules you would like to attend within that confirmation email to get the Zoom link for the course(s). Registration questions? Please contact Arlyn Palomo. Program questions? Please contact Jim Meadows.
Back To Events